Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Program Coordinator is a full member of the SHE’S GREAT! team, based in Kyiv, Ukraine and provides day-to-day logistics support and administrative coordination of program activities. In addition to day-to-day management of program activities, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordination with and monitoring progress of the local implementing partner and liaising between IREX team members in Amman and Washington, DC on reporting and compliance issues. Day-to-day management of program activities includes financial monitoring, logistics support, implementation of program workplans, grants management, and communicating with partner organizations on issues ranging from program design to financial accountability. The Program Coordinator will also be conducting gender and inclusion research specific to the context of Ukraine. Finally, the Program Coordinator carries out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience supporting international development programs with a focus on youth and gender equality, advantageous if specific expertise in Ukrainian context
- Familiarity with U.S. Department of State grants and regulations preferred
- Experience working with and within diverse and underserved communities in Ukraine across education, social protection, gender equality, and/or youth engagement sectors highly desired with safeguarding experience a plus
- Experience conducting desk research with Ukrainian and Russian language resources and ability to proficiently articulate findings in the English language, specifically related to research on gender and youth highly desired
- Proven experience managing multiple administrative tasks in a demanding, time sensitive work environment
- Experience developing or facilitating virtual trainings preferred
- Proven skills related to conducting gender analyses, including qualitative research methods such as key informant interviews and focus group discussions preferred
- Demonstrated skills for integration of equity and inclusion issues into age-appropriate activities for youth, including interactive training curricula highly desired
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required, including strong writing skills
- Proficiency in Russian preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members in multiple time zones
- Excellent ability to remain flexible and collaborative while adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Ukraine
Your Daily Tasks
- Supports day to day implementation of Ukraine based SHE’s GREAT! programming
- Communicates with partners, facilitators, and participants
- Conducts desk review of Ukrainian language resources and local expert interviews to inform the SHE’s GREAT! gender analysis
- Tracks financial processing including invoices, stipends, and other payments
- Supports the adaptation and implementation of virtual collaborative platforms
- Facilitates communication on project implementation between the implementing organization in the field and DC office
- Plans and processes global and country-based travel, as needed
- Contributes to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis, if assigned
- Maintains effective relations and coordination with program partners
- Researches and/or writes summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for donor
- With supervision, provides input to presentations, and other products
- Supports program internal and external communication; tasks may include, the management of email inboxes and program contact information, draft written communications, contribute to program communication tools (newsletters) and social media efforts
- Outreaches to potential partners and local stakeholders
- Drafts Request for Proposal and Scopes of Work and Contracts for Consultants and partner agreements
- Identifies opportunities for partnership with local organizations to improve program sustainability
- Tracks and screens applicants abiding by funder and IREX policies and protocols,
- Drafts correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required, and
- Accurately performs financial administration tasks (check requests, sub-award approval level, procurement, vendor proposals, invoice tracking, etc).
- Develops a sound understanding of the purpose and reason for each required task consistent with policies
- Processes financial invoices, sub-grants, sub-awards, and honorariums
- Processes and updates financial records
- Works effectively with Ukraine-based financial manager to support field expense reporting and accounting
- Ensures compliance through all financial process documents
- Participates as a full member of the SHE’S GREAT! program, providing administrative and research support
- Supports team members in implementing events, training, travel, and product development
- Acts as an active and proactive liaison between the Ukraine Country team and the DC based staff.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Ukraine.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled