Learning Together is a collaborative project that started between Ukraine and Finland in July 2018, and was joined by the EU in late 2018. The Project is implemented by FCG Finnish Consulting Grouр.
The expected long-term impact for Finland’s Support to the Ukrainian School Reform is to enhance the quality of education in Ukraine as well as the perceptions the Ukrainian citizens have on their education system. The recently added EU support is specifically aimed at enhancing the instruction of the Ukrainian language as second language among the national minorities, in line with the Road Map of 2018 by the MoES on minority languages.
More specifically, Finland’s Support to the Ukrainian School Reform focuses on general secondary education and is designed around three interlinked result-clusters and cross-cutting elements. The three clusters are:
Teacher preparation – This includes support for teacher preparation in Grades 1-4 for implementing the competence-based curriculum as well as for developing alternative professional development systems, including on-line courses and mentoring and certification system.
Education promotion – This includes support for raising awareness on the education reform, generating more positive perceptions on education and teacher.
Education environment – This includes support for developing and using an e-platform for education professionals and students as well as for school leadership and education material production.
We are currently looking to employ a qualified Project Officer:
The Project Officer is responsible for the implementation and coordination of project activities. S/he supports planning of project activities and coordinates implementation in collaboration with Chief Technical Advisor, Cluster Advisors, project stakeholders, beneficiaries, experts and partners.
- A Master’s degree in Social Science/ Public Administration / international development and/or a related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multitasking;
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English, both oral and written;
- Familiar with the Ukrainian education sector and the New Ukrainian School implementation processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating the administration and oрerations workflow of the Рroject office;
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements;
- Preparing different documentation for meetings, procurement and HR ;
- Taking care of documentation of the Project;
- Supporting the drafting of the project documentation (terms of reference, contracts, etc.);
- Supporting the planning and reporting process (semi-annual, annual, ad-hoc reports, etc.);
- Other office duties and activities when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The work would start early November 2021. Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, a motivation letter in English via email to Project Officer, Dmytro Morgun (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line of your letter. The deadline for receiving applications is 13 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.