ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Assistant will assist in administrative, operations, and travel-related procurement, assist in procurement tracking and management systems and ensure that procurement functions are efficient, compliant with internal policies and donor regulations, and well-coordinated and integrated with other teams within their respective regional offices as well as with the procurement .
- He/she will be responsible for procurement of office supplies and other similar items, making travel and logistics arrangement for DOBRE staff, arranging translation services/interpreters, etc.
- Assist in collecting and reviewing invoices, acts of acceptances and other relevant documents from the suppliers;
- Prepare Payment Request forms and Payment Orders to ensure payments compliant with internal policies and donor regulations;
- Assist with the preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by email;
- Assist in making arrangements for program events, meetings, workshops, training, etc., this may involve arranging for venue for such events, organizing participants travel and accommodation, arranging for stationery and other event material and equipment.
- Collect and check documentation to submit for the payment.
- Assist the Procurement/Grants Officers in maintaining current up to date procurement files and documents to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes;;
- Work with relevant team members to ensure adequate documentation is secured in support of various project events such as field trainings and workshops, work planning workshops and other meetings involving staff and other stakeholders;
- Assist in facilitating audits and internal compliance reviews.
- Fill out and keep up to date Procurement Tracking sheet, Vendors List, Contract sheet in in Excel or other appropriate software;
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids, proposal for evaluation or other procurement related documents;
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of procurement practices preferably in a not for profit environment. Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations shall be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to effectively use databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and position-specific software.
- Willing and able to travel to field offices as needed.
- At least bachelor’s degree in contract management, procurement, logistics, or similar field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience; Experience in logistics and procurement field shall be a plus.
Applicants are to submit their CVs and cover letters to UkraineHR@globalcommunities.org by COB October 8, 2021 with the title of the position in the subject line.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.