The USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is seeking a SOC Analyst to work as part of a team to monitor and fight threats to IT infrastructure, assess security systems and measure them for potential vulnerabilities or weaknesses, in addition to providing possible improvements or solutions. The position requires great attention to detail and a general awareness of developments in cybersecurity. The SOC Analyst will monitor Intrusion Detection System (IDS) alerts, suspicious emails, network logs, and other resources that provide insight into network activity. In addition, the SOC analyst is expected to be able to read, understand, and notify the team on cyber trends. The candidate will contribute towards improving the Center’s capacity and knowledge in areas like networking, malware analysis, incident response, and cyber etiquette. The role will also entail support in establishing standard practices and policies for a new Cyber Center, as well as developing organizational, training, and technical plan, utilizing skills pertaining to SOC analysis and other key considerations in this technical area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing tools and procedures and propose modifications, practices, and policies
- Install security tools and investigate suspicious activities detected by those tools.
- Monitor alerts flagged by users and various security software.
- Support audit and compliance initiatives.
- Participate in developing security strategies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer information systems, or other relevant field), and at least2-3 years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope.
- Knowledge of SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- Familiarity with SQL, C, C++, C#, Java, or PHP programming languages
- Experience with IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing.
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols and TCP/IP, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and strong interest in professional growth.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency of Ukrainian; knowledge of English and Russian
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] and submit both CVs and cover letters in English. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.