The USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is seeking a Forensic Specialist to support the project office in gathering, analyzing, and investigating computer and digital evidence, and corresponding relevant data. The Forensic Specialist will play a key role in identifying and mitigating increasing volumes of computer cybercrimes. Successful specialists will possess strong analytical minds, great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and advanced technical proficiencies. The role also demands an understanding of the legal standards that guide criminal investigations. The Forensic Specialist will also support a new Cyber Center to establish standard practices and policies, as well as developing organizational, training, and technical plan, utilizing skills pertaining to forensic investigation and analysis, in addition to other key considerations in this technical area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering digital information from computer systems
- Recovering deleted or encrypted files and digital evidence onsite and in a lab
- Reviewing digital evidence
- Preparing computers and digital evidence to be used in court
- Interviewing suspects and witnesses about digital evidence
- Analyzing data found on disks, in addition to metadata in online posts
- Providing reports and testimony as required
- Advise or train law enforcement on reliability and handling of digital evidence, in addition to finding suspects using online data
- Coordinate with other forensic experts to ensure that current intelligence information is communicated in a timely manner
- Contribute to ongoing forensic system and network analysis to support daily vulnerability assessments, briefs, and general computer forensic operations
- Make sure that forensic investigation is done according to and in line with federal and local laws and standards
- Conduct forensic research on functional information systems, communication programs and foreign network systems.
- Knowledge transfer to other staff
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber security discipline (computer forensics, investigations, or similar Information Security discipline in digital investigations following legally sound practices), and at least 2-3 years of experience working in any combination of roles as a Security Analyst, Incident Responder, or Forensic Examiner.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP – highly preferred.
- Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication mechanisms and fundamental cryptography.
- Demonstrated experience in performing post-incident computer forensics while maintaining proper chain of custody and without destruction of critical data
- Has In-depth knowledge of intrusion detection and data correlation.
- Strong understanding of forensic artifacts, operating systems, and platformsStrong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and strong interest in professional growth.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency of Ukrainian; knowledge of English and Russian.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com and submit both CVs and cover letters in English. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.