The USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is seeking a Business Analyst to support with reviewing, mapping, assessment, and analysis of current functional and operational capabilities, policies, and procedures. In particular, the Business Analyst will assess the business needs of the project, converting these into formal business requirements, and producing the documents that will allow the wider project team to define, develop and implement a solution that will meet these needs. Furthermore, the position will involve conducting compliance walk-throughs and peer reviews to meet necessary procedures and guidelines for the organization. The role will also involve creating and maintaining business process models, in addition to supporting and facilitating relevant knowledge transfer. Finally, the role will also entail support in establishing standard practices and policies for a new Cyber Center, as well as developing organizational, training, and technical plan, utilizing skills pertaining to business analysis and other key considerations in this technical area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze, assess, and review key technology trends.
- Support legal and regulatory landscape assessments.
- Support the mapping of the key actors at the policy, strategic and operational levels.
- Support the mapping of Incident Response Capabilities.
- Advise on creation of competent sectoral authorities in accordance with the EU NIS Directive (healthcare, transport, energy, banking and financial market infrastructure, digital infrastructure and water supply).
- Support the landscape assessment of the changing cybersecurity threat environment.
- Strategic level development of policies and procedures
- Coordination with GOU communications teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering) and at least3 years of professional experience working inareas of similar technical scope.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis, impact analysis and gap analysis
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical and functional business writing skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and strong interest in professional growth.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency of Ukrainian; knowledge of English and Russian
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com and submit both CVs and cover letters in English. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.