The USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is seeking a Technical Writer to help influence the development and execution of policies, directives, standards, and procedures in support of regulatory compliance. The Technical Writer will help develop, optimize, and document internal processes such as incident handling, malware analysis, notification, information sharing, reporting in addition to engaging with relevant policies by reviewing, assessing and sharing best regulatory and public policy practices by the EU (ENISA, EU CERT), EU countries (national CIRTs), and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and other key UN Agencies, such as UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). Examples of policies include, but are not limited to, security policy, open reporting environment policy, incident reporting policy, incident handling policy, external communications policy, media relations policy, information disclosure policy, information distribution policy, human error policy, training and education policy, acceptable use policy. Examples of procedures include, but are not limited to, standard operating procedures (SOPs), accepting and tracking incident reports, incident and vulnerability handling, gathering, securing, and preserving evidence, configuration of networks and systems, system and network monitoring and intrusion detection, backing up and storing incident data, notification processes (how information is packaged, distributed, archived, etc.), training and mentoring.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development of key internal processes and structures in accordance with best regulatory and public policy practices by the EU (ENISA, EU CERT), EU countries (national CIRTs), and the ITU, and other UN Agencies, such as UNICRI.
- Support the alignment of the internal processes, policies and procedures with the key requirements of the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive).
- Assist with the identification and development of processes to aid in organizational compliance by monitoring changes to standards and regulations as they occur and integrating those changes into the policy lifecycle through the performance of periodic gap assessments.
- Develop key policies, practices and procedures related to business analysis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy or administration, international relations, political science, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least three years of professional experience working on programs of similar technical scope.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical and policy business writing skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and strong interest in professional growth.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency of Ukrainian and English; knowledge of Russian
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com and submit both CVs and cover letters in English. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.