Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position Deputy Team Leader.
Chemonics seeks a Deputy Team Leader, for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. The programme has been designed collaboratively, with the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and participating financing partners, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden. The purpose of PFRU is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the on-going conflict in east and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion. The programme will begin in late 2021 and run for at least three years. Both Deputy Team Leader positions will be based in Kyiv Ukraine, with regular travel across eastern and southern Ukraine.
The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for supporting the Team Leader in overseeing and achieving overall project objectives and leading the programme team and partners to deliver results. They will also ensure adherence to client, stakeholder and counterpart requirements and ensure alignment to Chemonics’ best practices.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide support to the overall programme leadership and management in the design and implementation of the programme’s strategic objectives and activities, ensuring alignment to FCDO policy and the highest standards of delivery and compliance to CSSF requirements and regulations as well as Chemonics policies and procedures.
• Address issues and mitigate risks related to programme implementation in a timely manner and appropriately adjust project strategies as required.
• Build and maintain relationships with senior national and local government counterparts, particularly within the Ministry of Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories.
• Oversee programme work planning, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications, and evidence generation.
• Facilitate cross-pollination of data, research and lessons learnt to feed knowledge management mechanisms and systems across project locations and ensure cross-cutting themes of gender mainstreaming, conflict sensitivity, environmental stewardship, and human rights are adhered to.
• Strong political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
• Deep knowledge and nuanced understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the situation with regards to Donbas and Crimea.
• Clear track record of management-level experience within the development sector focusing on stabilisation activities, with experience in at least one of (i) provision of economic opportunities, (ii) strengthening of public services and (iii) peacebuilding and reconciliation.
• High-level strategic vision and project leadership capability, preferably with experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders and partner institutions.
• Demonstrated ability in managing large and dispersed teams in-person and remotely.
• Experience overseeing the disbursement of grants or funds to partner organisations.
• Prior experience as either a Deputy Team Leader, Deputy Chief of Party, Country Director or similar, ideally with donor organisations.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, Russian language also an advantage.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Team Leader” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by September 27th 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.