Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position Economic Opportunities Lead
Chemonics seeks an Economic Opportunities Lead for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. The programme has been designed collaboratively, with the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and participating financing partners, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden. The purpose of PFRU is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the on-going conflict in east and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion. The programme will begin in late 2021 and run for at least three years. The Economic Opportunities Lead be based in Kyiv Ukraine, with regular travel across eastern and southern Ukraine.
The Economic Opportunities Lead will be responsible for overseeing all activities relating to the Economic Opportunities Workstream. Activities include delivering immediate improvements to the economic opportunities within eastern and southern Ukraine and more long-term and strategic economic initiatives in support of economic transformation of the region.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Leading the design and delivery of policy initiatives to improve economic opportunities in southern and eastern Ukraine and within the context of conflict and instability.
• Leading the initiative to improve infrastructure working with local authorities.
• Leading the work on economic opportunities initiatives, whose specific priorities will be informed by further research in each location in throughout the duration of the programme.
• Coordinating with leads of the other workstreams to ensure smooth and successful implementation of all programme goals.
• Economic and political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
• Strong understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the situation with regards to Donbas and Crimea.
• Demonstrated ability in managing and working with dispersed teams in-person and remotely.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Prior experience creating and implementing economic policy initiatives and working on infrastructure improvement initiatives.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, Russian language also an advantage.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Economic Opportunities Lead”
in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by September 27th 2021
. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/