Chemonics seeks a Regional Manager for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. The programme has been designed collaboratively, with the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and participating financing partners, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden. The purpose of PFRU is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the on-going conflict in east and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion. The programme will begin in late 2021 and run for at least three years. The Regional Manager will be located in Kramatorsk, Ukraine with regular travel across eastern and southern Ukraine.
• Provide overall project leadership, management and technical direction based on the project’s fast-track and strategic long-term vision within eastern and southern Ukraine.
• Supervise the regional representatives based within eastern and southern Ukraine and lead coordination between regional staff and headquarters in Kyiv.
• Cultivate, manage and strengthen relationships with local government counterparts, local organisations and other implementing partners.
• Work alongside the technical leads to ensure strong project performance within the east and south through direct communication with the recipients of PFRU.
• Assist with the recruitment of regionally based technical advisors by maintaining a strong network.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader to achieve the programme’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Significant demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in managing teams across a large region, with previous adaptive management knowledge preferred.
• Political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
• An understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the situation with regards to Donbas and Crimea.
• Familiarity with FCDO and/or UK government reporting and data quality requirements preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in working independently and as part of a team both in-person and remotely.
• Strong organisational and work prioritisation skills.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, Russian language also an advantage.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Regional Manager”
in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by September 27th 2021
. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
***Please be advised that this role is contingent on award***