Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position RMEL Lead
Chemonics seeks a Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (RMEL) Lead for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. The programme has been designed collaboratively, with the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and participating financing partners, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden. The purpose of PFRU is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the on-going conflict in east and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion. The programme will begin in late 2021 and run for at least three years. The RMEL Lead will be located in Kyiv, Ukraine with regular travel across eastern and southern Ukraine.
The RMEL lead will be in charge of a cross-cutting workstream, to build and maintain the evidence base to design, monitor and evaluate and inform the work of PFRU across the other four technical workstreams.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Lead design of overall RMEL system, including supporting adaptive management approaches.
• Provide strategic oversight of all RMEL activities, including contributing to development of workplans, Theories of Change, results frameworks and learning agendas .
• Support the strategic direction of PFRU by drawing on the latest international and Ukrainian research and stabilisation best practise.
• Integrate RMEL into the project life cycle to lead the identification and design of projects and learning and adapting based on emerging lessons and evidence.
• Train technical staff and programme partners on RMEL systems operations, collection methods and tools.
• Support the Team Leader in all reporting functions, ensuring coherent and comparable results and lesson learning reporting as needed for FCDO and GoU.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader(s) to achieve the programme’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in adaptive and real-time evidence driven programming.
• An advanced degree in social sciences or a related field preferred.
• Significant experience in designing RMEL programmes, with a substantial background in RMEL programming focused on broader stabilisation within areas of conflict.
• Political awareness with existing networks across central and regional government in Ukraine.
• An understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the situation with regards to Donbas and Crimea.
• Familiarity with FCDO and/or UK government reporting and data quality requirements preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in working independently and as part of a team both in-person and remotely.
• Strong organisational and work prioritisation skills.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, Russian language also an advantage.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “RMEL Lead”
in the subject line to [email protected] by September 27th 2021
. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/