National Political Lobbying Legal and Policy Expert,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions Program in Ukraine,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI supports the Government of Ukraine (GoU) in strengthening anti-corruption institutions and legislation. Currently, the GoU is working on the legislative initiatives and measures to address grand corruption through prevention of political and economic influence of oligarchs, including restricting and regulating lobbying.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The National Political Lobbying Legal and Policy Expert will assist in drafting law on lobbying in accordance with national legislation drafting rules, policies, and tradition. They will work as national Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) together with the international STTA who would provide assessment and overview of the international standards and best practices. This STTA position will have an expected level of effort of up to twenty-five days.
- Assist international expert in development of the concept paper on the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine.
- Review and assess relevant laws and legislative initiatives in Ukraine and make sure national legislation and legislative initiatives properly considered in the concept paper on the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine.
- Draft and/or provide assistance with drafting text of the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine and accompanying documents (Explanatory Note).
- Contribute to the stakeholder discussions, consultations, information, and advocacy campaigns in support of the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine.
- Master’s degree or higher in law, political science, public administration, or other relevant areas required.
- A minimum of ten years of experience working on the issues of anti-corruption legislation, policies and reforms.
- Proved experience of legislation drafting in Ukraine in anti-corruption and relevant fields.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting analytical studies and writing quality analytical papers on relevant issues.
- Knowledge of anti-corruption legislation and reforms in Ukraine.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian languages required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – September 24, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://www.msiworldwide.com/