Political Lobbying Legal and Policy Expert
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI supports the Government of Ukraine (GoU) in strengthening anti-corruption institutions and legislation. Currently, the GoU is working on the legislative initiatives and measures to address grand corruption through prevention of political and economic influence of oligarchs, including restricting and regulating lobbying.
**Please note: All citizenships are eligible for this position**
The Political Lobbying Legal and Policy Expert will provide assistance in drafting law on lobbing which would consider international best practices and standards. This is the international STTA position with the expected level of effort of up to 30 days.
- Develop a concept paper on the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine reflecting analyses of international experience and best practices as well as review of relevant laws and legislative initiatives in Ukraine. The concept paper should cover the following:
- description of a comprehensive system for monitoring and control of political lobbying
- purpose and key components of the law
- clear definition of lobbying and lobbyists, distinguishing it from advocacy and public consultation activities.
- clear rules on liability for violation of the lobbying activities with specific attention to any red flags that could create undue possibilities for holding CSO’s and civic activists liable for their public advocacy efforts.
- approach to the national security considerations.
- requirements and possible procedures for functioning of the registry of lobbyists or lobbying activities with suggestions for the governmental institution to be responsible for handling, administrating, and maintaining the registry
- Provide feedback to the text of the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine and accompanying documents.
- Contribute to the stakeholder discussions, consultations, information, and advocacy campaigns in support of the draft law on lobbying in Ukraine.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Master’s degree in law, political science, public administration, or other relevant areas is required.
- At minimum of 10 years of experience working on the issues of anti-corruption legislation, policies, and reforms particularly related to political lobbying.
- Strong knowledge of international experience and best practices in addressing political lobbying.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting analytical studies and writing quality analytical papers on relevant issues.
- Knowledge of anti-corruption legislation and reforms in Ukraine is a strong asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian languages preferred.
*Deadline for applying for this position – September 24, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI[email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://www.msiworldwide.com/