DW Akademie, Germany’s leading organisation for international media development department of Deutsche Welle, in partnership with Transtele Canal International France (CFI) and Lithuanian Radio and Television (LRT) implement the project “MediaFit Programme for Information Integrity in southern and eastern Ukraine” (: ENI/2021/423-657).
DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle’s centre for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer. Our projects strengthen the human right to freedom of expression and unhindered access to information. DW Akademie empowers people worldwide to make independent decisions based on reliable facts and constructive dialogue.
The 36-month project is financed by the European Union and co-financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and is aimed at enhancing the information integrity in Ukraine and the resilience of Ukraine’s media against hybrid threats, including the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To strengthen our project team, we are looking for a
Financial and Administrative Assistant (Part-Time - 75%)
to start as soon as possible based in Kyiv.
You support our project in the daily business, this may include:
• You keep financial and/or budget accounts and records in line with EU project guidelines
• You regulate cash management and prepare petty cash reports
• You assist in pre-checking subgrantees’ financial records and maintaining financial records
• You support the project registration process by compiling and proofreading all formally required documents
• You pre-check partner reports
• You ensure a proper digital-filing record of documents, as well as a continuous information flow
• You assist in procurement procedures for workshops and project events, including catering and transport/hotel bookings
• General secretarial tasks also belong to your area of responsibility
• You coordinate correspondence in various languages
• You maintain contact with international partners, technical experts and sub-grantees
• You coordinate travel-related organizational tasks (visas, flight reservations, and hotel bookings) for in-house staff and occasionally for experts in our projects
• You ensure translation/interpretation of basic communication English/Russian, Russian/English, English/Ukrainian and Ukrainian/English
• You undertake other relevant duties as required
What we offer:
• Team & culture: You will join a dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team who enjoys working together and who support each other.
• Development: Our performance review process including in-house training possibilities will help you to set clearly defined career goals and objectives.
• Coaching: You will be part of an on-boarding process with coaching from Germany and Kyiv to learn financial and administrative workflow.
• Location: the Position is Kyiv-based in a central office located close to a metro station
• Flexibility: Depending on the COVID-19 pandemic situation, occasional home office is possible subject to Manager’s approval.
• Travels: occasional travels to the area of project implementation in South and East Ukraine might be required
• You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Finances, Accountancy or similar
• You have sound user knowledge of the MS Office package (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
• You have at least one-year experience of work in an office environment
• You have good verbal and written communication skills in English. You possess native level of Ukrainian/Russian languages
• You are a team player who likes to work with a variety of people, and you are service-oriented
• Working knowledge of German would be an asset
• An interest for international development and/or for the media sector
• Previous experience in an international environment would be an asset
For information on DW Akademie come visit us on our Homepage dw-akademie.com
To apply, please send a Cover Letter and a CV in English by 11th October 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org