Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Intern for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Officer
Job type: Part-time
Effective Date: ASAP
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson and Sumy, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross-cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms, ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, Networks and Coalitions, Intern will provide the set of services related to support for program and strategic communication tasks, as well as provide support in various running processes for the Engage project.
- Provide support in various running processes such as internal/external communication, research and program delivery;
- Collect information from ENGAGE partners and prepare weekly updates on partners activities;
- Assist with translation of communication and program related documentation (newsletter, articles, feature stories etc.);
- Assist with data analysis and visualization;
- Provide support with organization of Pact events;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical and technical skills;
- Committed and result-oriented;
- Attentive to details, accurate and able to multitask;
- Proactive, fast thinker;
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Understanding of political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Interested in international development programs, civil society sector and key reforms implementation.
- Second + year University student (Political Science, Social Sciences, Public Relations, International Relations, Public Administration, Journalism, Communication, Media, or similar fields);
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com “Intern” in the subject line by COB October 05, 2021.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.