Duty station: Sloviansk with frequent travel to areas of PIN interventions
Starting date: asap
Duration: 12 months with possibility of further extension (3 months’ probation period included)
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech international non-governmental organization, that is present in more than 20 countries has been active in Ukraine since 2014, and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people.
PIN is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on any grounds including race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and value diversity.
General information about the team/department and its role within the organization
EU COVID-19 Solidarity Programme for the Eastern Partnership is one of the projects implemented by People in Need Mission in Ukraine, its mission lays within development domain. The Project aims at mitigating the impacts of COVID-19 and contribute to the longer-term socio-economic resilience of vulnerable population groups in Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine. The Project is under the umbrella Programme implemented in Eastern Partnership countries in 2020-2022.
General information about the role of the person
Under overall supervision of the Head of Project, the Senior Project Officer is responsible for providing support for Project implementation and tracking in Ukraine.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Supports project implementation
- Organises project-related meetings, consultations
- Drafts minutes of meetings
- Communicates with grantees
- Helps with tracking and consulting of grantee-run activities
- Develops narratives on project activities
- Helps maintaining the databases and calendar of key events related to ongoing project (including deadlines, reports due, evaluations, field missions etc.)
- Reviews financial documentation by grantees (control of fullness and correctness of partners’ financial reports and supporting documentation).
- Supports the process of compiling internal and external project related documents
- Fulfils other duties as required
Required background and competences:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Social, Political Science, Public Administration or other relevant fields
- At least one year of professional experience in international projects, civil society organisations or international missions;
- At least one year of experience related to assistance in project implementation and tracking;
- Proven ability to prepare analysis and reports with due quality and minimum supervision;
- Ability to review budgets and financial documentation;
- Sufficient experience working with CSOs and local development concepts and programmes;
- Experience working with conflict-affected communities, with proven capacity to communicate with a diversified range of vulnerable individuals with respect of safeguarding and do-no-harm principles;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good knowledge of English
- Starting salary as per PIN salary scale: 799 USD GROSS (on probation period)
- Meaningful and positive working environment in a well-established and growing international humanitarian organization with career development opportunities;
- 5% annual salary increase;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses between offices and areas of intervention;
- Professional development opportunities through various capacity building events and trainings;
- 28 days of annual leave + 3 New Year bonus leave
Please send clearly marked CV and Motivation letter in English or Ukrainian to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written test and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
Please note that PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.