Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified a Livelihoods Assistant for a 5-yеar USAID funded comprehensive livelihoods project that aims to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Livelihoods Assistantbased in Sloviansk.
About the job
The Livelihoods Assistant will serve as the project’s grassroots community relations development representative. The LLH Assistant in cooperation with LLH Officer will facilitate grant making activities, local economic development and community visioning for stakeholders, including local business, communities, government bodies and non-profit organizations. The LLH Assistant will also support in selection of beneficiaries, monitoring and follow-up of the project grantees, various assessments initiated by the project and evaluation of the economic impact of the funded initiatives. You should at the same time promote DRC’s values through various entry points in the project and preserve staff moral and enthusiasm for the project work
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
• Under the supervision of and together with LLH Officer and/or Team Leader ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
• Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports for donors
• Carry out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Coordination and representation
• Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts / colleagues on grant component implementation issues.
• Co-implement project plans and budgets for funding
• Use projects tools
• Project implementation and reporting in accordance to instructions provided by the LLH officer and/or Team Leader
• Monitor and evaluate projects.
• Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
• Provide assistance in planning and coordinating logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
• Provide assistance in procurements and ensure their execution
To be successful in this role we expect you to have experience in grant making programmes in the field of technical assistance; passion for helping people and communities to improve their lives, impeccable integrity and honesty and excellent soft skills. Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Field experience
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Ukrainian
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: one year with possibility to extend based on available funding, after 3 months of probation period.
Start date: November 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For applying please follow the link
Closing date for applications: October 3, 2021.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You invоlve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.