Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Inclusion, Reforms and Advocacy Program Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson and Sumy, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross-cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms, ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Program Officer on Inclusion, Reforms and Advocacy is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing program activities, developing and maintaining working relationships with civil society organizations, community groups and other stakeholders throughout Ukraine. S/he ensures that the ENGAGE activity produces high quality results through partnerships in a timely manner. The Program Officer on Inclusion, Reforms and Advocacy will work closely with the Senior Program Manager and partner organizations.
- Conduct program activities related to civic advocacy, inclusion and reforms promotion;
- In coordination with the Grants & Contracts Department, assess submitted grants proposals and narrative reports of grantees from the programmatic viewpoint;
- Coordinate direct technical assistance and/or arrange technical assistance to NGO grantees;
- In coordination with Communications Department, assess the development of specific sectors of civil society;
- Coordinate civic initiatives in various reforms;
- Provide technical assistance to project grantees and staff related to gender mainstreaming;
- Ensure that issues of gender and LGBTI inclusion are integrated into all data analysis and planned studies to understand the varying impacts on men, women, youth, and vulnerable groups and how to target them appropriately;
- Support the capacity development of CSOs to conduct gender and inclusion analysis to better advocate for women and vulnerable communities;
- Assist NGOs in their advocacy and outreach to citizens in coordination with the Senior Program Manager;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the areas of gender and inclusion, civil society development and / or civic advocacy, constituency outreach, citizens engagement and reforms promotion;
- Deep knowledge of civil society organizations in Ukraine;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Excellent communication, writing (including editing) and presentation skills.
- Experience with international donor-funded programs;
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of ENGAGE.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Inclusion, Reforms and Advocacy Program Officer” in the subject line by COB October 01, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.