Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position with Marketing and Events Program Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Communication Officer
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson and Sumy, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross-cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms, ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Reporting to the Senior Communication Officer, the Marketing and Events Program Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing program activities, developing and maintaining working relationships with civil society organizations, community groups and other stakeholders throughout Ukraine. S/he ensures that the ENGAGE activity produces high quality results through partnerships in a timely manner. The Program Officer will work closely with the Senior Program Manager and partner organizations.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of the ENGAGE activity, including a dynamic social media presence;
- Assist with implementation of the communication strategy of ENGAGE;
- Prepare and coordinate a wide array of public and private events both in offline and online formats, including conferences, workshops and trainings, press conferences, briefings, business luncheons, and partner meetings;
- Support ENGAGE and its partners in pre-positioning and pre-selling of their citizen engagement and communication products;
- Coordinate ENGAGE event planning and preparation, collect relevant information for vendors and coordinate the delivery of their services where appropriate;
- Develop communication strategies for the promotion of ENGAGE events and events of ENGAGE partners in line with existing policies and branding, and marking plans;
- Coordinate with partners about their event planning and preparation, collecting relevant information from partners for timely event promotion;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Flexible and creative thinker who can suggest new approaches, including digital solutions;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines, and demonstrated problem-solving ability;
- Strong interpersonal skills, an appetite for building relationships within civil society and maintaining relationships through networking;
- Minimum 3 years of experience on similar position;
- Excellent in English and Ukrainian.
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts;
- Professional experience in event management and/or marketing/PR;
- Master’s degree in journalism, international relations or social science would be an asset.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com “Marketing and Events Program Officer” in the subject line by COB October 01, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.