- Supports implementation and coordination of programme/project activities and operational services in the assigned area, through:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support of programme monitoring, coordination and implementation, including follow-up on operational support services (payments, recruitments, procurement);
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Organization of workshops, trainings, and other programme and operational related events;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Monitoring and follow-up on programme implementation and operational support issues, and providing accurate and timely updates to the supervisor;
- Provision of inputs on administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Prepare programme related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, etc
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Ensures effective administrative and logistical support to the Programme implementation, as required, through:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, coordination of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed;
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Performance of a Travel Requester role in Atlas and preparation of E-req for procurement of goods and services;
- Providing logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the programme component staff
- Support to procurement of goods and services within approved level of delegated authority;
- Facilitating the process of procurement and delivery of programme goods and services through tender process in accordance with SOP;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Supervisor;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget; confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities;
- Provision of information for audit.
- Supports office maintenance and proper assets management through:
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery;
- Distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordination of assets management in the Project Office, maintenance of records, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing through
- Participation in the trainings for the Programme personnel;
- Briefing/debriefing of Programme personnel on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Liaises with UNDP HR Unit and provide HR support services to the Progamme personnel.
- Performs relevant supervision of assigned drivers.
- Ensures mainstreaming of gender equality considerations in the project implementation, promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Secondary Education. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Law, Political or Social Sciences or other related fields would be desirable but is not a requirement.
- 6 years of professional experience in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields with Secondary Education, or at least 3 years of such relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in working with and knowledge of ATLAS will be an advantage.
- Experience of working with international organizations/projects will be considered an advantage.
- Working experience with UNDP or other UN agency will be considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 20 September 2021.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.A pplications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.