Junior Electricity Specialist
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., implementing the USAID Energy Security Project, is looking for the young and talented individuals who would like to pursue their career in Energy Sector to fill in the position of Junior Electricity Specialist. This individual will provide technical, project management, administrative and logistics support to the Electricity Team. The Junior Electricity Specialist will also closely work with the entire project team to plan, coordinate and track program support services and activities. The Junior Electricity Specialist will conduct research, collect data and manage libraries of information. The Junior Specialist will report to Senior Electricity Expert with the ultimate supervision of the Senior Electricity Regulatory Manager. This is an entry-level full-time position based in Kyiv and which will provide a unique opportunity to work directly with the international and Ukrainian Technical Experts.
This is a full-time position based in Kyiv. Occasional travel within Ukraine may be required.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position. **
· Assist in reviewing and advising counterparts on policies and regulations on renewable energy, and competitive energy procurement;
· Provide support in assessment of power sector policy, regulatory and technical framework with reference to RE development;
· Support communication, presentations and training for relevant stakeholders responsible for renewable energy development;
· Support promotion of grid-connected renewable energy, including organization of RE auctions;
· Facilitate development of the Guarantee of Origin mechanism for renewables;
· Support development of the policy for small-scale renewables, including the support mechanism, net metering/billing, etc.
· Collect RE data and conduct research and analyses on activities as requested by ESP management;
· Support program monitoring and evaluation activities;
· Support RE capacity building event and knowledge management activities;
· Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops and other meetings as needed;
· Interact and maintain successful relationships with counterparts, other ESP employees, and subcontractors.
· Support project management to effectively manage project activities related to renewable energy;
· Other responsibilities, as designated by the project needs.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy management, business administration or a related degree deemed appropriate by Tetra Tech. Masters is a plus;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience (10 years for the Senior position);
- At least 3 years of experience with the renewables industry (5 years for the Senior position);
- Understanding of current worldwide trends and practices related to renewable energy;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and analyzing energy policies and strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong organization/analytical skills; experience working with detailed technical data and reports;
- Strong MS Office computer skills; knowledge of project management software is a plus;
- Ability to maintain flexibility, problem solve, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, visit the Project website https://energysecurityua.org, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/ and Youtube