USAID Energy Security Project
The USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project (ESP) is a USAID funded project with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment and to increase resilience of energy supply. This will help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a Financial Assistant. S/he will be responsible for a timely provision of financial and logistical support to all program financial, accounting activities and for the implementation of financial systems, procedures and policies. The Financial Assistant will ensure coordination and effective sharing of information and resources within the department.
The Financial Assistant will work cooperatively with project Finance Manager, employees, short-term consultants and partner organizations to contribute to the success of the program. This position will report to the Finance Manager and work closely with the entire project team to plan, coordinate and track program support services and activities. This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position. **
- Review all payment requests, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions;
- Keep and monitor maintenance of a system for filing and archiving of all relevant financial, contractual, and personnel documentation, including scanning of accounting files;
- Proactively identify errors and/or missing documentation to ensure compliance of financial documentation;
- Assist the finance and operations teams to ensure that all financial documentation is filed (securely) both in hard copy and soft copy and saved on a project file sharing system;
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions, and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by management;
- Assist with occasional auditing of expenses, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in-kind and cash grants, other program activities, and program operations;
- Liaise with Short-term Consultants to execute payments calculations and prepare Acts of Acceptance in a timely manner, collect all back-up documentation;
- Coordinate with GDIP personnel (long-term and short-term) related matters and requests, including annual vacation/sick leaves and timesheets processing;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager, Operations Director, or independently which are consistent with his/her qualifications, the Scope of Work and the general ESP’s requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration;
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of administrative systems;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter, with strong customer service orientation;
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities;
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian required;
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/ or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/