Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Procurement Assistant. Deadline for applications is September 24, 2021.
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Severodonetsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• The Procurement Assistant will assist the Procurement Manager to respond in a timely manner to procurement requests on equipment, supplies and services for office operations and for technical activities, such as direct distribution of goods and services (DDGS and in-kind grant procurements, in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations;
• Receive and/or initiate procurement action requests (PARs) for operations and technical activities and enter and maintain PAR Tracker.
• Assist in preparation and announcement of RFQ/RFPs;
• Assist in preparation of all procurement documents for operational, DDGS, and in-kind grant procurements, including bid evaluation reports, selection and justification memos, notifications to vendors on awards or rejections, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
• Under direction of the Procurement Manager, work directly with vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services;
• Support Procurement Manager in tracking and monitoring contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors, expenditures against contracts, and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
• On needed bases coordinate with grant and subcontracts team on in-kind grants and DDGS procurement activities.
• Upon receipt of goods and services, draft Inspection Forms for signing and filing.
• Assist in submission of procurement packages with Invoices to Finance Assistant for processing the payment;
• Support the Procurement Manager in monitoring vendor/contractor performance;
• Maintain procurement filing system of the regional office, scan and upload procurement files on SD, label and maintain complete electronic and hard copies of files, ensure that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file;
• Assist in inventory tracking and management and in provision of procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project management;
• The Procurement Assistant will travel as required to inspect, confirm delivery, and assist in disposition of equipment at grantee sites.
• University degree in business administration, finance or related field required or at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, procurement, or grants experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience;
• Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
• Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
• Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications;
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with PA- Severodonetsk listed in the subject line by September 24, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”