- Activity Background:
The purpose of the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity (“the Activity”) is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthening the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure (CI) sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Developing Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Building a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Increasing Ukraine’s cybersecurity resilience requires integrated efforts across both the public and private sectors to generate and support innovative solutions and expertise needed to meet the demands of Ukraine’s constantly evolving threat landscape. To achieve this, the Activity is launching a program entitled Center for Cybersecurity Innovation, otherwise known as CCI. The overall design of CCI includes multiple partners and is organized according to three pillars:
Cybersecurity Community Building and Stakeholder Dialogue
Visibility and Promotion of Ukrainian Cyber Solutions and Innovations
Supporting Cyber Innovations
Objective: Community building and stakeholder dialogue to foster innovation and facilitate collaboration between government, business, academia, and the professional community to identify, explore and jointly address the most pressing cybersecurity challenges.
Objective: Increase visibility and opportunities for Ukrainian cyber solutions through internationalization and promotion of the industry and Ukraine as a trusted cybersecurity destination
Objective: Identify and support innovative cybersecurity innovations (concepts and research) and solutions (products, and services) from start-ups, service companies, researchers, independent teams, and others to address key cybersecurity challenges.
Through these pillars, CCI will foster development of a multi-stakeholder community to identify priorities and champion needed reforms and partnerships, demonstrate that Ukraine is a viable and trusted partner in cybersecurity, and support an innovation environment and space for GOU stakeholders to engage with researchers, innovators, and other thought leaders to jointly address cybersecurity challenges and develop next generation cybersecurity solutions.
2. Role’s Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Component 3 Market and Industry Development Lead, the CCI Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing implementation of the three CCI pillars, including coordinating and supervising the work of the various partner organizations implementing these pillars. The CCI Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the objective of each pillar is met and for the overall success of CCI in generating and supporting the innovative solutions and expertise needed to meet the demands of Ukraine’s evolving threat landscape and increasing its cybersecurity resilience.
Design and planning
- Collect inputs from relevant technical staff, Activity implementing partners (IPs), stakeholders, and partner organizations to draft and finalize the CCI Plan.
- Set-up/launch CCI upon obtaining approval of the Plan
- Identify resources/expertise needed to implement CCI and its three pillars
- Develop scopes of work/terms of reference and support the procurement and grants processes for securing required expertise, partners, staff, etc.
- Support and coordinate launch event, including developing agenda, identifying and inviting participants, supporting logistics, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, oversee, and manage the day-to-day tasks and activities required to implement CCI, including:
- Hold weekly/monthly implementation status meetings with partner organizations, included designated implementing partners
- Ensure coordination and synergy across pillars and between partners working under each pillar
- Review, provide input to, and approve partner-level implementation plans
- Oversee and assist event planning and execution, including conferences, seminars, etc.
Performance monitoring and reporting
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team, IPs, and CCI partner organizations to establish performance indicators under each pillar and for each implementer
- Collect data and reports from partners, monitor their progress and ensure deliverables and objectives are being met
- Prepare and/or review progress reports and presentations for the USAID and key stakeholders
- Write success stories and provide inputs/updates for contractual reports (weekly update, quarterly reports, monthly schedule, etc.)
- Identify and resolve issues, including proposing any programmatic/strategic changes required
- Provide Market and Industry Development Lead, Chief of Party, and Deputy Chief of Party with updates on each activity’s progress on a weekly/monthly basis, as requested
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure appropriate visibility to CCI including events, major milestones, and success stories.
4. Qualifications and Experiences
- Master or higher educational degree in public administration, international relations, or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience working with GOU stakeholders
- Between 5-7 years of program management experience
- Experience in organizing conferences, seminars and other large events with diverse partners
- Experience overseeing implementation of grants
- Solid communications skills, including written and editing skills
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.