Capacity Building Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine seeks a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Coordinator for its media literacy project Learn to Discern. Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of Capacity Building Manager and support implementation of program activities and carry out a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks.
Special focus in all activities will be related to the higher education component and ensuring sustainable media literacy integration into educational institutions. Program Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the grant program in Learn to Discern project and providing day-to-day programmatic and administrative support of subgrants.
The position will be based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout the country (depending on the severity of COVID). This position is contingent upon funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a full range of program support to the Capacity Building Manager:
- Provide programmatic, administrative and logistical support to ensure smooth implementation of the higher education component in Learn to Discern project;
- Coordinate activities to implement mentorship program for instructors at higher educational institutions;
- Coordinate organization of program meetings and events in the offline and online format (trainings, workshops, working group meetings, conferences, etc.);
- Lead the procurement processes and preparation of contracts, vendor and consultant agreements needed for the project implementation;
- Support development, writing, improvement and finalization of educational materials developed by experts;
- Coordinate the work of experts and other contractors responsible for proofreading, design, printing and shipment of materials;
- Oversee implementation of the grant program components for Learn to Discern (provide day-to-day programmatic, logistical and administrative support of grant programs; liaise with Grant/Finance Coordinator and assist with financial reporting; draft and capture program success stories and support production of high-quality communication materials related to subgrants);
- Work closely with partners from Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine, Ministry of Digital Transformation (MoDT), PR-agency, donors and other stakeholders and partners;
- Translate program-related documents (English, Russian, and Ukrainian) when needed;
- Ensure quality control of the materials and products developed under the project;
- Participate in preparation of program reports for the Donor and internal ones.
- Travel to regions to attend program events and meetings;
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and assist with technical reporting;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in NGO sector and technical assistance projects;
- Background in media literacy work or study is a strong advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Advanced English preferred;
- Fluent in Ukrainian language.
- Interest in media literacy, critical thinking and basic knowledge in this field is needed;
- Ability to travel.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “PC – for L2D-Higher Education” in the subject line to email@example.com by 18 pm on September 25, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.