Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates to serve as short-term Local Coordinators on Hospital District Network Planning in support of the USAID/ Ukaid Health Reform Support (HRS). In the close cooperation with Local State Representative authorized to coordinate HRS at the region, the Local Coordinator on Hospital District Network Planning is supposed to support the HRS team and coordinate activities at the regional level aimed to the planning the specialized healthcare service delivery model and modeling of the hospital network for the Hospital District.
The position is opened in the following regions: Kherson region.
Period of Performance: October 2021 – September 2022
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
According to the CMU Resolution “On some questions concerning the development of hospital districts” No. 1074, dated 27th of November, each Hospital District Council has to develop a 3-5-years hospital district development plan. Considering the absence of national guidelines and insufficient capacity of hospital district council members in healthcare strategic planning, it is critical to support Hospital District Councils with methodological guidelines in hospital network planning as a base for the development of hospital district development plans (HDDP). In previous years, HRS supported Zhytomyr Hospital District Council and other regions in the development of methodology for hospital network modelling and drafted the HDDP. This share of experience and technical assistance is in high demand among other regions in the development of their regional plans. The support will include the ongoing guidance in modelling, data analysis, and its interpretation, and HDDP development.
- Cooperate with Regional State Official representative authorized to coordinate the partnership with the HRS Project and coordinate the activity at the regional level
- Support the work of Hospital District Council Secretariate related to Hospital District Network Planning
- Coordinate the data collection process at the regional level and regular support of HCFs in the related issues using the HRS electronic instrument for data gathering
- Assure data quality collected from HCFs through ongoing communication with the HCFs representatives on data verification and data clarification
- Coordinate the development of the Hospital District Development Plan based on the developed Hospital District Network model with sufficient recommendations for 2023
- Participate in the working meeting with HRS team under request;
- To follow deadlines and regularly communicate with HRS team on current projects and timeline status
- Perform other tasks related to HDDP activity if needed
- University degree in Medicine, Policy Administration, Healthcare Management, Economics or related specialties; Post-graduate degree will be an asset
- At least 5 years of continuous working experience in healthcare management and administration; having working experience in governmental structures will be an asset
- Experience working with regional authorities and regional decision-makers in the health sector
- Understanding Ukrainian health care system and the concept of health care reform in Ukraine excellent knowledge of the organization of healthcare system at the regional level
- Understanding the peculiarities of medical statistics in Ukraine, in particular, advanced knowledge of reporting system including knowledge of essential statistical medical forms
- Experience in hospital sector analysis and/or hospital management will be an asset
- Ability to work independently and work in a team deliver a quality product, meet deadlines and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Ukrainian;
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference (ideally from local healthcare authority) to [email protected] no later than September 12, 2021. Please indicate the region in the subject field of the email: “Coordinator in Kherson region”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.