DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 20, 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time, 12 months renewable
Reports to: PROTECT Deputy Director (Ottawa)
Direct Reports: Core Management Team members (recruitment, M&E, finance/admin, program assistant, GE expert; all matrix reporting (Kyiv)
Collaborates with: Technical Director (Kyiv), Senior Defence Advisor (Kyiv), Project Principal (Ottawa)
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants on the basis of merit.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
Alinea International is recruiting a Field Manager for Canada’s Promoting Reform Objectives through Technical Expertise and Capacity Transfer (PROTECT) program. PROTECT is a defence and security sector reform program funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the defence and security sector. The program responds to the needs of Ukraine’s defence and security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
PROTECT program outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s security and defence sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security and defence sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security and defence sector
Working with the Canadian project management team and in concert with the Canada-based technical/support staff, the Field Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage from the field all program implementation functions, including financial management, work planning, procurement, recruitment, monitoring/evaluation, and reporting;
- Coordinate and consolidate inputs for financial forecasting on a quarterly basis;
- Employ best practice in assuring consistent and complete communication and coordination with the Canadian PROTECT program team;
- Ensure field deadlines are met for all planning and reporting requirements;
- Monitor project implementation status for all reform initiatives;
- With the support of the RBM Expert, assure implementation the project’s MEL Plan;
- Work with the Deputy Director and the RBM Expert on the production of wrap-up reporting, analysis and the consolidation of data and analytics;
- Work with the Project Principal and other Alinea core staff in the production of communications and visibility materials;
- Provide coaching and ensure professional development of the field-based PROTECT team (as relevant) in the interest of optimizing project deliverables;
- Actively identify opportunities and support ongoing business development initiatives for Alinea in Ukraine and the region;
- At the request of the Project Principal, represent Alinea corporately on specific mandates within the region.
The Program Field Manager shall provide annual performance reviews for the following positions:
- The RBM Expert (in coordination with the Deputy Director)
- The Gender Equality Expert (in coordination with the Women Peace and Security Expert)
- The Recruitment and Contracting Manager (in coordination with the Project Principal)
- The Administration and Finance Manager (in coordination with the Canada-based Coordinator and Financial Controller)
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the area of management and implementation of public administration projects or initiatives
- Experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Masters qualifications in defense/security studies, law, public administration, political science, management or relevant field;
- Significant experience leading teams in the implementation of a large project
- Fluency (written, spoken) in English; Ukrainian language desirable
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by September 20, 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
Applications are encouraged from women, members of racial and ethnic minorities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other equity seeking groups.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: https://www.alineainternational.com/