- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
- Role’s purpose:
Under the supervision of the Workforce Development (WFD) Lead, the WFD Coordinator will support the implementation of interventions and tasks under Activity Component 2 ( Developing Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce ). The Coordinator will play a key role in developing, implementing, and monitoring progress against Component 2 work plans. The Coordinator will support coordination with and among Activity implementing partners (IPs) and stakeholders to ensure implementation is on track. The Coordinator will contribute to reporting, collecting necessary data and writing updates and success stories.
The Coordinator will support the successful implementation of Component 2 tasks and interventions, including:
- Higher Education Program implemented in partnership with FIU, namely the summer courses, educational labs, and incorporation of the educational cyber range in 14 participating universities across Ukraine.
- Upskilling Program, including professional training, implementation and management of the ICS Lab (implemented primarily in partnership with ISSP) and activities thereunder (workshops, demos, etc.), and ICS Pilots (implemented by SEL) with CI Operators.
The Coordinator will be tasked with:
- Assist with maintaining communications with Activity implementing partners and tracking progress of interventions:
- Organize weekly/bi-monthly/monthly or ad hoc meetings, as needed
- Take notes
- Capture and following-up on action items
- Collect updates weekly on status of tasks/interventions
- Carry out administrative steps required in support of implementation, including developing documents such as memoranda of understanding, NDAs, and so forth.
- Assist in identifying and developing scopes of work for resources (e.g. firms, consultants, etc.) needed to support or carryout tasks.
- Assist with developing implementation and reporting tools, including toolkits, quick reference guides, flow-charts, one-pagers
- Assist with preparation and organization of discussions/panels, workshops, roundtables, conferences, online and offline meetings, to develop materials, presentations, comparative analyses, and policy briefs
- Provide inputs and assist in developing content for reports to USAID, communications related to events and Activity as whole Assist with developing/reviewing scopes of work, terms of reference, action plans in response to long-term and ad hoc requests from stakeholders/partners
- Assist with executing other cross-component tasks, coordinate with other components leads, MEL (monitoring, evaluation, and learning) team, communications manager, STTAs (short term technical advisors), other staff under the Activity as needed
- Assists WD Lead with performing of other tasks as needed
- Monitor developments in Ukraine and globally as related to the cybersecurity professional development
- Degree, preferably a Master’s in international relations, communications, or another relevant field
- Previous work experience with GOU stakeholders, technical assistance projects or similar project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and active listening skills
- Solid core skills including- communication, collaboration, multitasking
- Solid writing skills
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required