Learning Together is a four-year collaborative project between Ukraine and Finland. The project is funded by the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the European Commission. The Finnish consortium in charge of the project implementation is led by FCG International Ltd. The project started in August 2018 and will continue till July 2022 (with an option of extension to December 2022).
The project focuses on supporting the New Ukrainian School (NUS) reform, especially in the primary education, and is designed around three outcome areas.. (check from the revised results framework)
Learning together is now seeking to contract a qualified and experienced Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert to undertake the monitoring and evaluation work in the Project. The purpose of this Terms of Reference (TOR) is to call for competitive proposals for this task.
The objective of the Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert is to provide qualified expert evaluation and monitoring assistance to the international technical assistance project “Finland’s support to the Ukrainian school reform”. The Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert would be in charge to operationalize, implement, analyze and report evaluation activities described in the Project. Evaluation and monitoring plan will be revised annually by the Contractor and the Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert.
Scope of Work
Provides qualified expert evaluation and monitoring assistance to the project. Undertakes work associated with project reporting and the implementation activities related with the projects’ evaluation and monitoring plan. The Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert is in charge to operationalize, implement, analyze and report evaluation and monitoring activities including the following:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans, develops, implements, analyzes and reports on the feedback from the participants of training events organized by the Contractor.
- Organizes impact evaluations of the project’s training activities.
- Supports organizations that are responsible for teacher certification by providing external evaluation and monitoring of their tools and practices (document analysis, collection of best international practices, observations, statistical analysis).
- Provides recommendations for further enhancement of the teacher certification related procedures.
- Supports organizations that are responsible for the development of the professional standards for principals and teachers by providing external evaluation and monitoring of their tools and practices (document analysis, collection of best international practices, observations, statistical analysis).
- Provides recommendations for further enhancement of the professional standards for principals and teachers related procedures.
- Revises the evaluation and monitoring plan annually with Contractor and collaborative organizations (MoES, NUS) and when needed.
- Participates in other monitoring and evaluation related activities pointed out by the Contractor.
- Collects the baseline data from existing documents and reports.
- Оrganizes training needs assessments if needed.
- Carries out the technical report writing related to evaluation and monitoring
The supervision of the monitoring and evaluation activities will be carried out by the Project Learning Together and the staff of MOES.
The targeted groups: The work should be targeted to teachers, school principals, education administration, and education experts nationwide.
The Research, Evaluation and Monitoring Expert should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, research and analysis in education or in another related field
- A master’s degree in the field of statistics, education, social sciences or another relevant field
- Experience of working with organizations under the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science as well as NGOs
- Capability and proven experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability and proven experience in taking initiative and working effectively under pressure
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills in English and Ukrainian
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Deadline for Proposals
All applicants are requested to indicate their interest to submit their CV, Motivation letter and References to the previous work on evaluation and monitoring activities by 15 of September 2021 via email (email@example.com).
- In case the applicant wants to have further clarification on the competition, written questions must be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8 of September 2021.
- All applicants will be provided with answers to all clarification requests by 13 of October 2019.
The final application must be submitted by the 15 of September 2021 via email (email@example.com).
Please note that all written communication must be in English. Further instructions for the application are given only from the email mentioned above. Any further information or advice obtained from other sources may be disregarded in the recruitment evaluation.