The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)1 and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., implementing the USAID Energy Security Project, is looking for a Finance Analyst, who will support the team in analysis of the key energy market players, provision of recommendations on tariff-setting, and alignment of the Ukrainian energy sector with best international practices. The Finance Analyst will report to the Finance Expert. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Collect financial data on key companies in the energy sector, review and analyze monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements;
- Prepare financial (ratio) analysis for key companies in the energy sector;
- Assist in preparation of financial models in the energy sector, review assumptions, prepare presentations and summary tables with modeling results;
- Review and summarize a company’s long-term investment (financial) plans;
- Monitor and provide summaries on legislative changes in the energy sector related to tariff methodologies for DSOs, TSO, USSs, regulatory audit procedure, network development plan requirements, etc.;
- Update energy sector’s tariffs on an annual basis (or upon their review by NEURC, CMU);
- Collect and summarize NEURC’s registers on FIT tariffs approved for RE producers;
- Conduct high-level analysis of compliance with financial, management, tax, and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Exhibit personal and professional integrity consistent with the company mission, vision, and values;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, visit the Project website https://energysecurityua.org, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/ and Youtube