Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Data Analyst for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Officer
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington DC, is implementing the USAID-funded Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine. The project is based in Kyiv, Ukraine with offices in Kharkiv, Kherson, Sumy and Zaporizhzhia regions.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
The Data Analyst will be responsible to provide design and execution of data analysis plans for monitoring, evaluation and learning (including tracking and analyzing insights and trends) for the ENGAGE project. He/ She will serve as primary technical resource to support the M&E team to ensure collection of high-quality data and continuously perform in-depth data analysis, data visualization and interpretation to increase data use for decision making and communicate results of the project. He/She will also perform data analysis for learning activities, assessment, evaluations and surveys as they arise. The Data Analyst will also work with technical partners to conduct analysis and lead efforts for quality assurance of data analysis procedures and outputs.
- Provide analytical product with proper visual communications of findings based on comparative analysis and main indicators
- Review plans for routine M&E, learning, evaluation and research activities and develop data analysis plans with MERL Officer to ensure the best data analysis plan is in place
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Interpret data from the regular National Civic Engagement Poll, conducted by USAID/ENGAGE, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop high quality data visualizations to facilitate data use for decision making.
- Perform sample size calculations for learning, research and evaluation efforts, including quantitative and qualitative studies
- Selection of the main indicators for building comprehensive analysis (the impact of civic education activities, CSO-partners activities, edutainment/infotainment/mass public events on citizens behavior)
- Translate statistical concepts used in design and analysis into plain language for program reports and technical discussions
- Conduct data analysis of capacity-building activities for project staff, and support coordination of capacity-building for subgrantee staff
- Participate in study design, data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation, draft preparation of the final products
- Synthesize research findings on issues related to civic participation, anti-corruption, and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Ensure data-driven approaches to the ENGAGE program activity
- Liaise with Washington DC based colleagues to ensure up smooth communication between Ukraine and DC office
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze statistical data, synthesize research findings (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Proven experience in social sciences and usage of statistical methods for analysis
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with Ukrainian civil society sector, political economy context and governance sector
- Strong knowledge of civic engagement strategies and approaches to working with diverse stakeholders and marginalized groups
- Excellent English and Ukrainian.
- Master’s degree in relevant field: social sciences, statistics, evaluation, mathematics, economics, computer science
- At least 3 years of proven working experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in democracy, civil society or governance sector
- Knowledge of statistics and demonstrated proficiency in data collection methods, analysis and visualization, and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs (SPSS, “R”, Python)
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to data use and learning to improve program performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “Data Analyst” in the subject line by COB September 12, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.