Chemonics International Inc.
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Grants & Subcontracts Specialist
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
- Manage the solicitation process for grants and subcontracts, including serving on selection committees, ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures, and overall confirming that the mechanism and selected partners are able to achieve the desired project result.
- Work in coordination with other team members including the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, COP, DCOP, Operations and Grants Director and Team Leads to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures throughout the design, development, and implementation of grants and subcontracts.
- Liaise between project staff and grant recipients, providing technical advice and assistance as needed in areas of financial management, procurement requirements, and implementation planning.
- Support project staff with the evaluation of grant concepts and grant agreement/award documents while ensuring adherence to established grants management policies.
- Ensure proposer negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and review and analyze budget estimates for allocability, reasonableness, and consistency. Work with grantees and project staff to develop or revise detailed grant budgets so that they are realistic and appropriate to the needs of the activity.
- Ensure adherence to project procurement policies and procedures and, in conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure that all project staff comply with these guidelines. These responsibilities include but are not limited to planning procurements, writing appropriate specifications, evaluating offers, monitoring contracts, handling all post-solicitation activities, including all appropriate documentation.
- Perform detailed reviews and audits of all grant receipt and subcontractor invoice documentation and ensure that expenses are incurred according to the terms of signed grant/subcontract.
- Manage the organization, tracking, and filing system of all grant and subcontract, documents in project office by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each file.
- Responsible for overseeing the close-out of grants within required time frames.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree, preferable in business administration, finance, or related field.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in grants/subcontracts and/or procurement is required.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than September 13, 2021
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.