Title: Office Administrative Assistant
Project: Canada Ukraine Police Development Project (CUPDP)
Level of Effort: Half time (7.5 hours per day, for a maximum of 3 days per week)
Posting Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
The Canada-Ukraine Police Development Project (CUPDP) is a three-year initiative that runs from July 2019 to June 2022, with funding in the amount of $6.5 million from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) through its Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOP). The initiative builds on the foundation and trust established by Alinea International with police authorities and international partners, including the Canadian Police Mission in Ukraine (CPMU). It will advance the Canadian government’s consistent and visible support for the new police in Ukraine as it evolves from a police force to a police service.
An Office Administrative Assistant will be hired in September 2021 and will serve as a core member of the project team based in Kyiv, Ukraine on a part-time basis.
Indicative Duties and Responsibilities
As part of this assignment, the Office Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- managing project documentation and filing systems, including:
- updating and maintaining appropriate filing systems (paper and electronic) for CUPDP
- updating and maintaining appropriate databases related to CUPDP
- managing office equipment and office supplies, including:
- ensuring the office is functional on a daily basis
- arranging repairs for office equipment as needed
- maintaining an inventory of office supplies
- providing general logistical support for project events/activities, including:
- overseeing the preparation of materials, including handouts and presentations for project events
- making all logistical arrangements for international project staff, including visas, accommodation and in-country travel
- making arrangements for project events, including: booking venues for events, catering, transportation, interpretation, etc.
- preparing briefing kits/handouts for participants of project events
- attending events and meetings as appropriate and taking notes as required
- assisting with financial administration, including:
- photocopying/scanning financial documents
- translating receipts, invoices and other financial documents into English
- scanning and sending vouchers to the office headquarters in Canada on a monthly basis
- general administration:
- scheduling and arranging meetings for project events
- translating or arranging the translation of documents as required
- performing other administrative duties and tasks as assigned by the Canadian Project Director
The Office Administrative Assistant for CUPDP will work closely with the Project Finance Manager and report to the Canadian Project Director.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate a position you apply to in the e-mail subject by September 3, 2021.