Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist
August 31, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist. This individual will work under supervision of Country Director and will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation planning, implementation, and reporting.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Lead the design and implementation of complex evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
* Design methodology and tools for the variety of evaluation studies and impact research.
* Oversee and lead the development of program indicators; oversee regular monitoring and evaluation of the programs, ensuring regular progress reviews of approved indicators.
* Conduct data analysis and draft reports for internal research (using statistical software tools such as SPPS/R, as well as MS Excel, Power Point, or other similar applications).
* Regularly control and review data collection processes, performing data quality assessments, and making adjustments as needed.
* Advise Senior Management and produce evaluation reports and presentations for the Country Director and donors, as needed.
* Prepare quarterly reports and other updates and reports to donors.
* Identify ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information in order to maximize program impact and development.
* Communicate information obtained through MEL activities to program staff and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners.
* Liaise regularly with IREX’s MEL team in Washington DC.
* Provide guidance to the MEL Specialist in Kyiv.
* Work with Senior Management to build capacity of local partners in relations to MEL and data collection.
* Develop data collection flows to ensure data integrity and validity at the output and outcome levels.
* Manage evaluation contracts and agreements with outside vendors; organize procurement processes for MEL needs.
* Secure storing of databases and other related materials and resources.
* Work with designers on data visualization and presentation materials.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation or data analysis.
* Experience in monitoring and evaluation for an international NGO.
* Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, sociology, or a related field.
* Knowledge and practical experience in research, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact identification).
* Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEL and performance monitoring plans.
* Experience in planning and managing surveys, including the development of data collection tools from scratch.
* Experience in outsourcing and overseeing evaluations/surveys that are conducted by external vendors and managing communications with them.
* Experience with data quality assessments and oversight; knowledge of data cleaning processes.
* Advanced user of SPSS, R or Python.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and modern communications tools (internet, email, social media, and teleconferencing).
* Knowledge of multivariate data analysis.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
* Strong command of English and Ukrainian/Russian.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “Senior MEL Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 pm on August 31, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are encouraged – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.