USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI Global LLC, is looking for a Senior Grants Officer.
- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
- Role’s Purpose:
The Senior Grants Officer is responsible for proficiently managing and administering a sizable and complex array of grants. The Senior Grants Officer will also play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in grants processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. The Senior Grants Officer administers a grantee selection process in full compliance with grants management standards, leads in the provision of technical and administrative support in building capacity of local sub‐grantees to effectively manage grants; oversees implementation of a grant award.
- Serve as a key team member on Grants development as an integral part of the workplan activities to achieve activity objectives and results
- Contribute to compliance with approved Grants Manual, referenced USAID regulations and policies, DAI policies and procedures, systems, and internal controls
- Update Grants Manual, as needed, in coordination with COP and DAI Home Office for USAID approval; identify and suggest improvements to DAI grants management procedures throughout the activity to be more effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Assist with solicitation of grants, including development of APS and RFA.
- Assist with developing grants materials and templates
- Work with local organizations and grantees to ensure successful implementation and compliance with the grant agreement, as well as to support their sustainable development as an organization
- Work with the Technical Managers to coordinate the identification, solicitation, and selection process of eligible grantees
- Monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions in accordance with the DAI contract and applicable Ukrainian law
- Contribute to procedures and policy training, guidance, and interpretation for activity staff as well as grantees, in consultation with the DAI Contracts Manager as appropriate
- Support analysis and evaluation of grant applications and concept papers and serve as the non-voting Chairperson for more grant application selection committees
- Assist with developing and maintaining grant budget/fund monitoring tools
- Submit progress and status reports as required
- Assist with negotiating of the terms and conditions for grant agreements, ensure the proper type of grant selected, and review and select the correct standard provisions
- Assist with troubleshooting grants management challenges with grantees, technical staff, COP, and USAID as requested/as needed
- Assist with preparing and submitting grant applications to the client for approval.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working in international development and grants management, with experience in USAID grants management preferred
- Experience in the administration of large, complex USAID-funded grants under contracts and contracts is required.
- Must be well versed and competent in all aspects of contract management under USAID regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Language requirements are as follows: English level IV (Fluent) reading, writing, and speaking; Russian level IV (Fluent) reading, writing, and speaking.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.