Location: Kherson, UKRAINE
Application Deadline: 19-Aug-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: up to 6 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
The «Strengthening Community Resilience in Kherson region — phase II» project (hereinafter — the Project) is implemented by the UNDP and funded by the UK Government. The Project is implemented in partnership with regional and local authorities of Kherson oblast. The Project aims at strengthening the community resilience and promoting citizens’ trust towards authorities by building respective capacities to provide high quality public services and creating enabling conditions for socio-economic development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The objective of the assignment is to provide comprehensive support to public administration management of COVID-19 recovery planning and implementation of response and recovery measures, as well as strengthening the communities’ resilience in Kherson oblast, including effective coordination of joint efforts, in particular, technical assistance provided to the region and further resource mobilization.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Regional Development Programme Manager, the National Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
• provide advisory support (develop recommendations, review documents and provide comments) to the regional Working Group on monitoring the implementation of the regional COVID-19 Response and Recovery Action Plan with the ongoing cyclic processes of planning, monitoring and implementation with specific focus on gender-responsiveness and protection of vulnerable groups;
• review the existing international technical assistance coordination mechanism at oblast level and provide recommendations for its improvement;
• provide advisory support (develop recommendations) to the Kherson Oblast State Administration on matters related to effective coordination of technical assistance provided to the region by international community, in particular, support operationalizing the recently established Development Partners Coordination Council (DPCC) in Kherson Oblast;
• provide support to capacity building for regional and local authorities and other relevant regional institution by organising and conducting a series of 8 (online) capacity building workshops on different aspects of COVID-19 response and recovery planning and implementation; the programme of workshops should cover the topics of impact assessment, solutions identification, programme/project development (with specific focus on gender-sensitivity and inclusivity), project cycle management, resource mobilization and partnership building to support the further efforts for resource mobilization and effective implementation of local recovery and development initiatives;
• explore opportunities for UNDP to extend its presence in the region and support its recovery and sustainable development.
The Consultant will closely coordinate with Community Development Associate (regional coordinator) in Kherson oblast for communication with local partners and organizing missions. Missions to Kherson and Ivano-Frankivsk oblasts (if needed) will be organized and supported by the Project and travel costs will be covered by the Project (hotel and tickets). Local transportation within Kherson and Ivano-Frankivsk oblasts — will be also arranged by the Project.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Strong communication, time management and organization skills.
• Must be self-motivated, demonstrate grace under pressure and possess the ability to work well independently as well as within a team.
• Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to text as part of the review and feedback process.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people at the Project.
• Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
• Focus on impact and results for the client.
Required Skills and Experience
EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Education: University MA degree in Economics, International Relations, in Management, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant area.
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience at national or international level in public administration, law, international relations, social sciences, or civil society organizations;
Experience in the providing advisory and/or capacity building support to national or sub-national governmental authorities;
Proven experience with a multilateral or international organization/foundation working in the area of international technical assistance;
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required, good working level of Russian will be an asset.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=100972
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 August 2021