Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Grants and Contracts Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior G&C Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms, ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Grants and Contracts Officer shall provide administration of the full cycle of grants and contracts management for ENGAGE beginning with award procurement, pre-award assessments, managing deliverables, ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, managing close-out procedures, and maintaining complete files and data management for each award. S/He will be responsible for ensuring direct technical assistance to sub-awardees, as well as monitoring implementation of program activities under ENGAGE’s sub-awards. A successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills and a spirit of flexibility, adaptability, and collaboration under challenging conditions.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of awards, under the supervision of the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager and in close coordination with other Pact staff to ensure compliance with donor and Pact’ policies and procedures, and achievement of intended results;
- Provide support focused on compliance, grants and contracts management and successful implementation of grants and contracts as well as other activities such as short-term technical assistance (STTA) and/or direct distribution of goods and services (DDGS);
- Ensure proper negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and contracts, under the direction of the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager and review and analyze budget estimates for all ability, reasonableness, and consistency;
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant and contract documents and grant disbursements consistent and compliant with donor and Pact requirements, and project procedures and best practices. Documentation required will include grant agreements, negotiation memos, grant activity forms, branding and marking plans, and others;
- Work closely with Program Officers to ensure that sub-award monitoring and evaluation is conducted as required and that financial deliverables, deadlines, programmatic outputs and impact are captured and recorded in the project databases in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Ensure that all award files are complete and maintained as required;
- Ensure that awards are closed out within required time frames;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Law, International Relations, Management, Social Sciences, Social Development, Political Sciences, Public Administration or other relevant area;
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position; experience working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors;
- Proven understanding of awards management cycle;
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Highly effective administration skills including computing, word processing, and data management and visualization;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Ukrainian;
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills; and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues;
- Ability to patiently and diplomatically forge consensus between diverse stakeholders on grant making issues;
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com “Grants&Contracts Officer” in the subject line by COB August 25, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.