To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in September 2017. SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives. SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constraints related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
In PY5 SAFEMed will help CPH and CPA to develop a new electronic tool for forecasting and quantification in MedData to cover ARVs with potential expansion to TB, viral hepatitis, and MAT. SAFEMed will also support the CPH to make the quantification tool interoperative with HIV MIS, so that the commodity data will be triangulated with patient data and stock levels can be monitored online at the national, regional and site levels. Due to its compatibility with the HIV MIS, the new tool will provide a user-friendly and effective forecasting and demand planning option that incorporates variables such as stock levels, pending deliveries, number of patients on certain treatment regimens, treatment optimization and switching, etc. to mitigate stock-out/overstock risks and waste management. Such approach will help CPH, regional AIDS centers, and other service delivery points at the subnational level to better monitor and use supply chain data to improve commodity availability. This will increase the quality of monthly reports and allow managers to react quickly to potential overstock/stockout risks. The interoperability with HIV MIS will also facilitate the transition to dolutegravir-based regimens and general optimization of ART regimens. During PY5, SAFEMed will collaborate with MOH and CPH to design and implement a plan to pilot the tool at both central and regional level and use the results to revise the tool if necessary before rolling it out. The pilot will involve staff from CPH and from select hospitals from three regions. We will also analyze the pilot results to see if any lessons learned can be applied to improve the quantification of TB medicines.
The main goal of the consultant is to support CPA and CPH in the development of Terms of References (ToR) for a comprehensive electronic tool for ARV quantification, analyzing key business processes, and provide recommendations for their optimization. The consultant will work under the guidance of a Head of Operational Analytics and IT Department of CPA in close cooperation with the specialists from the Pharmaceutical Management, HIV Treatment Programs Coordination and Information Systems Departments of the Public Health Center of Ukraine and under the oversight of SAFEMed.
The consultant will be contracted from 15 August – 31 October, 2021 (a total of 11 weeks), with possible extention.
- Identification of need of key stakeholders involved in demand collection process including MOH, CPH, CPA, and others as appropriate.
- Detailed analysis and description of the business processes related to demand planning and forecasting for ARVs.
- Collection of requirements, their analysis, and consolidation.
- Analysis of the risks and project’s constraints, risk reduction planning.
- Support development of ToR for development of the electronic tool for ARV demand planning and forecasting, including MMD planning.
- Participation in the creation of a target IT architecture (software + hardware) and solution design.
- Participation in installation of the tool in ART sites, analysis of the level of knowledge and skills of the staff during the usage of the tool and assessing the satisfaction level.
- Support end user training as needed.
- Consolidated requirements to the new electronic tool
- ToR for development of ARV quantification tool
- Advanced degree (ІТ, Finance, Economics, Technical Degree, MBA, Management or other relevant specialization).
- 3+ years of work experience (complex transformation projects, implementation of IT systems, project management), including business analyst role 2+ years.
- Understanding of the key medical procurement processes.
- Fluent knowledge of the Ukrainian language, Intermediate level of English is a must (both oral and written).
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to work in multitasking environment, prioritize tasks.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-sufficient and motivated to deliver tasks independently.
- High level of motivation and proactive civil position; decency, zero tolerance to corruption, motivation to be involved in major changes and be a part of medical system transformation.
Monthly reports on deliverables status. Report directly to SAFEMed Principle Technical Advisor on Supply Chain
Duties performance location
Kyiv, Ukraine, CPA office/remote with no business trips.
Qualified candidates may apply to the address: [email protected] The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.