Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Assistant.
The United States Agency for International Development in Ukraine (USAID/Ukraine) has awarded Chemonics International a contract (“Ukraine Democratic Governance East Activity” or “DG East”) to support USAID/Ukraine’s objectives of promoting inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East purpose is to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. Activities across the two objectives are implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, and Kherson. The position will be based in Kyiv.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Performs payroll support and backup tasks, which are essential to paycheck processing and complying with local wage and hour standards.
• Review payment requests generated by the offices, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions.
• Proactively identify errors and/or missing documentation to ensure compliance of financial documentation.
• Prepare electronic bank payments through the Program’s Electronic banking system “Citidirect”.
• Assist Accountant in preparing financial documents.
• Controlling petty cash backup documents as per US and Ukrainian governments’ regulations.
• Explain generally accepted accounting principles, USAID and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
• Prepare package of documentation required for VAT-exemptions. Prepare monthly informational reports and maintain received VAT bills and ensure their timely receiving.
• Supervises and contributes to maintaining the Project’s Trackers Perform any other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Manager, and/or project leadership.
• University degree in accounting, finance, or related field required OR at least two (2) years of relevant bookkeeping, financial assistant, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience.
• Knowledge of payroll, tax issues, and professional accounting principles.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple deadlines assignments in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgement that reflects positively on the DG East program.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred but not required.
• Ability to effectively use computer software.
• Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com
with Finance Assistant-Kyiv
listed in the subject line by August 12, 2021.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”