Sr. Finance and Budget Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information www.irex.org .
His/her services will be solicited on a full-time basis to ensure the smooth finance operations of IREX office in Kyiv and provide support to Sr. Finance and Budget Manager, Director of Operations and Finance, Country Management, Programs.
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to Sr. Finance and Budget Manager with field expense reporting in QuickBooks (QB)
- Review program invoices, contracts with vendors, local staff travel expense reports, and other payments
- Work with assigned teams to help identify appropriate financial and accounting coding for donor funds, invoices and expenses, and grants.
- Provide supporting documentation for donor reporting as needed
- Provide support to Sr. Finance and Budget Manager in managing SAP Concur (Ukraine): review Vendors, Purchase Orders (Procurement Action Memos) and Invoices, consult local program teams on Procurement, making sure that all documentation is in line with IREX Policies and Procedures
- Work closely with Senior Accountant and provide support in reconciliation bank statements in 1C, monitor of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Gather, file and organize originals of primary documentation (invoices and acts of acceptance, agreements, contracts)
- Verify payments supporting documentation according to local and donor regulations (approvals, invoices, memos, etc.)
- Input bank payments into Internet-Client bank program for further processing (monitor availability of funds in local currency; make sure currency exchanges are accurate in order to minimize currency gain/loss)
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare forecast of expenditures for donors as required
- Develop reports to assist in reviewing, monitoring, and analyzing budget data
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reports, identify and analyze significant variances, review results and variances with project team
- Assist Sr. Finance and Budget Manager with preparation of award extensions/budget revisions (CEs, NCEs, Funds Relocation Requests, etc.) for programs/projects in consultation with the Country Director/Director of Programs, Director of Operations & Finance
- Support New Business Development Unit (NBDU) in HQ in Washington, D.C. during busy phases and when Budget Specialist is out of the office by preparing budgets for new project proposals
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Finance / Accounting / Audit
- At least 3 years of nonprofit finance experience in a relevant position
- A strong work ethic and attention to details
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Efficiency with QuickBooks software and 1C accounting program
- Experience in developing Budgets according to USG requirements, EU donor requirements
- Experience working for non-profit sector, good knowledge of local accounting and tax legislation
- Very good attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Self-organizational skills, ability to work with large volume of transaction/documents
- Ability to work independently and follow strict deadlines
- Must have strong intercultural and communications skills
- Leadership ability
- Upper intermediate level of written and spoken English language is a must
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations
Please send your Resume as an attachment in an email with ‘Finance Officer’ in the subject line to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.