The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Administrative and Logistics Officer is responsible for overall day to day management of office administration, procurement and logistics management in AOR. This position reports to the Operations Officer and helps with all project activities during the duration of the project.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Support relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time. Serve as point of contract with vendors to support ongoing office activities
- Keep office supplies, make sure office cleaners are doing their job, working with vendors, making sure that office facilities are clean, orderly and safe.
- Oversee regular inventory audit and reporting, ensuring that asset labels are affixed to project property and added to property insurance.
- Ensure management of petty cash.
- Regularly audit office inventory, update TAMIS and maintain administrative and office supplies files.
- Ensure adherence to operational budget for office procurement of goods and services;
- Handle calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to appropriate individuals;
- Manage schedule of project activities, business meetings, internal measures;
- Assist in scheduling and preparing travel arrangements for meetings and events;
- Ensure all administrative and procurement records are properly documented in hard copy files and on the DAI TAMIS;
- Provide arrangements, with close cooperation with procurement department, for project workshops, training events, STTAs, and other logistical needs as required.
- Manage logistics and procurement processes, ensuring DAI and USAID rules and regulations are followed transparently;
- Manage the office driver, including regular auditing of mileage and fuel trackers, vehicle log;
- Ensuring integrity, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes;
- Manage procurement files and document processes of goods and services;
- Drafting solicitations, finalizing bid matrixes, conducting registration documents checks and requesting approvals when required;
- Monitoring and tracking procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services;
- Ensure procurement files are properly documented and closed upon completion of an activity;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a NGOs, international organizations or local authorities.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, managerial, organizational and detail-orientation skills. Ability to work on own initiative/proactive attitude and have strong skills in teamwork.
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive demands & inquiries.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally).
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual.
- No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer.
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded projects is preferable.
- Direct and recent experience with USAID regulations and procedures highly preferred.
- Previous experience preparing and negotiating supply contracts, collection, and management accounting documentation is preferable.
- Must have English, Ukrainian and Russian language proficiency, verbal and written.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Mariupol
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: mid-August 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject Аdministrative and Logistics Officer, Маrіupol
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.