The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Office Administrator ensures proper flow of Kramatorsk office procedures and provides support to the ERA team and the senior management. The Office Administrator oversees maintenance and proper operation of the office equipment and keeps the office supplies in stock. The Office Administrator’s role includes working closely with the ERA leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and organizing meetings, and performing other duties as required. The Office Administrator is based in Kramatorsk and reports to Logistics and Administration Coordinator.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- MA degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- At least one year of experience providing operational or technical assistance to development programming in Ukraine or similar country context;
- Demonstrated technical experience in growth and development of manufacturing business sector;
- Experience working in Eastern Ukraine preferred;
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization;
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image;
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus;
- Fluency in English is preferred, fluency in Ukrainian is required.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: August 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention in the subject Offіce Administrator, Kramatorsк
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.