The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Administrative Assistant provides assistance to the ERA team in various administrative and operational duties upon request. The role is responsible for maintenance of the office facilities an equipment in proper order, performs office supplies inventory. The Administrative Assistant provides consecutive and/or interpretation for the senior management on an as-needed basis. The Administrative Assistant is based in Kyiv and reports to Executive Support Officer.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Administration and Logistics:
- Support the daily administrative and operational needs of the Kyiv office team, including office attendance coordination, booking conference facilities, etc.
- Greet visitors and handle incoming calls and electronic communications.
- Coordinate mail delivery to/from Kyiv offices by courier services providers.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing travel arrangements for meetings and events, making hotel and tickets reservations, ground transportation arrangements.
- Make local and international travel arrangements for the project staff, senior management and coordinate STTAs travel and accommodation.
- Keep supplies in stock, communicate with vendors, make sure that office facilities are clean and well prepared for the planned events and safe.
- Assist in maintaining office inventory, update TAMIS and maintain administrative and office supplies files.
- Assist in coordinating paperwork with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Ensure proper functioning of office equipment, order service maintenance of the equipment including water dispensers, air conditioners, fridges, coffee machine, printers.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager with administrative tasks, including maintenance of paper personnel filing system, documents deliveries to GDIP, assist in preparing documents for temporary residence permits and visas for expats.
- Any other activities assigned to, and agreed to, with the Executive Support Officer.
- Assist in ensuring smooth logistics and event organization upon request.
- Translate documents, letters, and other correspondents with stakeholders upon request.
- Assist the ERA Senior Management team (COP, DCOPs) with administrative tasks upon request.
- Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems, maintain project files.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required.
- Keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by Executive Support Officer and senior management.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of administrative and/or logistics assistant experience
- Experience with USAID projects is preferred
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel)
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kyiv
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: August 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention in the subject Admіnistrative Assistant, Кyiv
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.