Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position Report Writer.
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position may be based in Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol or Kherson.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Review DG East/USAID contract and DG East reports (including quarterly reports, Year 1 and 2 annual reports, weekly reports, and success stories) to become familiar with project objectives, activities schedule, and outputs. In addition, gain familiarity with other USAID projects in the Ukraine region;
• Lead content development, writing and distribution of the following:
o Project reporting (e.g., deliverables, impact reporting, success stories)
o Media outreach (e.g., rules of engagement, who is authorized to speak, key messages)
• Obtain USAID approval for products and messages;
• In consultation with USAID and project staff, create project materials and templates as needed (e.g., project fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, brochures) to ensure that all project materials adhere to USAID branding guidelines;
• Ensure adherence to the standards for project materials – style and format (“branding”), peer review, and quality control;
• Create effective presentations, building “success story” messages into everyday interactions, measuring and reporting on impact, capturing lessons learned and best practices;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or the Chief of Party.
• University degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant fields. Master’s degree is preferable;
• Minimum 2 years of content writing and marketing;
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign and/or Adobe Spark. Strong working knowledge of marketing platforms like Constant Contact or Mailchimp is a plus;
• Extensive experience of delivering high quality documentation with close attention to detail, compiling reports, and selecting specific formats to meet a target audience;
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English required; Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com
with the subject line: “Report Writer”
no later than August 05, 2021.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”