1. Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
- Role’s Purpose:
The Procurement Officer/Senior Procurement Officer will provide procurement support to Procurement Manager. The Procurement Officer/Senior Procurement Officer will also play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. S/he will assist Procurement Manager in conducting procurement of goods and services, ensure that complete procurement related backup documentation is provided prior to submission to Finance Team. Procurement Officer/Senior Procurement Officer will also assist Procurement Manager in conducting solicitations and price/cost/reasonability analyses and perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Assist Procurement Manager with operations procurements and procurements under in-kind grants.
- Assist Procurement Manager in reviewing incoming procurement requisitions to ensure accuracy and compliance with DAI requirements and appropriateness for the proposed action.
- Assist Procurement Manager in drafting Requests for Quotations/Proposals, and other documents that shall be circulated to potential vendors or suppliers.
- Assist Procurement Manager in carrying out procurement related to logistical services i.e. organization of events.
- Perform regular spot audits of procurement files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Ensure procurements are in line with DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Monitor and track project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
- Assist Procurement Manager in conducting market research, identifying and qualifying potential suppliers (and products/services).
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
- Assist Procurement Manager in conducting price/cost/reasonability analyses.
- Assist Procurement Manager in determining source selection methods to ensure compliance.
- Maintain procurement file system in DAI’s system.
- Ensure complete backup documentation for procurement actions is submitted to Procurement Manager and Finance Team.
- Assist Procurement Manager in preparation of inventory reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working in international business and procurement management, with experience in USAID procurement management preferred
- Must be well versed and competent in all aspects of contract and procurement management under USAID regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Language requirements are as follows: English level IV (Fluent) reading, writing, and speaking; Russian level IV (Fluent) reading, writing, and speaking.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.