Senior Program Manager
August 3, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit https://www.irex.org/.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking for a qualified professional to fill the position of M&E Specialist
for its media literacy project Learn to Discern. M&E Specialist will work under supervision of Senior Program Manager and will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation planning, implementation and reporting.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Advising and assisting Senior Management in designing and planning evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
* Overseeing regular monitoring and evaluation of the program, ensuring regular progress reviews of approved indicators.
* Seeking ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information in order to maximize program impact and development of the media literacy skills.
* Communicate information obtained through MEL activities to program staff and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners.
* Assisting Senior Management in building capacity of local partners in relations to the M&E and data collection.
* Regularly control and review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
* Designing the methodology and tools for evaluation studies and impact research, in particular in media literacy field.
* Data analysis and preparation of reports for internal research (using MS Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, and/or other similar applications).
* Preparation of quarterly reports and other updates and reports to Donor.
* Assuring gender considerations of the program, applying GESI lens to M&E of the project.
* Managing evaluation contracts and agreements with outside vendors organize procurement processes for M&E needs.
* Secure storing of databases and other related materials and resources.
* Working with designers on data visualization and presentation materials.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
* Minimum of three years experience in monitoring and evaluation or data analysis, experience in monitoring and evaluation for an international NGO is a plus.
* A degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, sociology, economics, education, or a related field.
* Knowledge and practical experience in research, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact identification).
* Experience in media literacy field will be strong advantage;
* Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEL and performance monitoring plans.
* Experience in planning and managing surveys, including the development of data collection tools from scratch.
* Experience outsourcing and overseeing evaluations/surveys that are conducted by external vendors and managing communications with them.
* Experience with data quality assessments and oversight; knowledge of data cleaning processes.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and modern communications tools (internet, email, social media, and teleconferencing).
* Advanced user of SPSS, R or similar applications.
* A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment within a program.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
* Strong command of English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “M&E Specialist – for L2D-UK2” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 pm on August 3, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.