About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com.
About the Project
PROTECT delivers strategic sessions, capacity-building activities, and advisory support to the Government of Ukraine to help develop consolidated strategic documents and to individual Ministries to help them formulate Ministerial plans, Logic Models (“reform passports”), sets of key performance indicators, and other Ministerial planning documents with emphasis at the security and defence sector.
The ANP-NATO RI is a part of Canada’s Promoting Reform Objectives through Technical Expertise and Capacity Transfer (PROTECT) program. PROTECT is a 2 year, 3M CAN$ defence and security sector reform program funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the defence and security sector. The program responds to the needs of Ukraine’s defence and security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
PROTECT program outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s security and defence sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security and defence sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security and defence sector
Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will be responsible for designing the RBM-based monitoring and evaluation framework for ANP strategic goals, engaging more than 70 state entities working on the planning and implementation of the ANP, supporting the ANP-NATO RI in developing strategic documents, guidelines and other tools for the Government Office for Coordination on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration to efficiently coordinate the ANP procedures.
- Support the Government Office for Coordination on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration and state entities in the development and review of key performance indicators for ANP goals;
- Provide data collection and analysis for ANP monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Prepare guidelines, methodological documents, draft procedures and other tools to improve monitoring and evaluation framework for ANP in multiple Ministries and state agencies;
- Deliver input to key performance indicators of the strategic documents for the security and defence sector (if requested);
- In cooperation with ANP-NATO Team, deliver capacity-building activities and consultancy on RBM planning, monitoring and evaluation to relevant state entities and Ministries;
- Perform other tasks related to building Government capacity to plan and monitor reforms based on RBM principles.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 2years of relevant professional experience working in projects/ initiatives/ entities in the security and defence, democratic reform, or other relevant areas;
- Experience in the development of performance measurement frameworks, tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and delivery of reports;
- Proven experience with statistical applications and data analysis; familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative information analysis tools.
- Knowledge of RBM-based monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation framework in technical assistance projects/ CSOs/ international organizations/ educational institutions or projects/ Government;
- Informed of the standards of work with the data owned by the state entities;
- Strong Ukrainian and English language skills.
- Communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature positive attitude to the job;
- Understanding of the national Government policy-making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Practical experience with office software packages (Excel, Power BI, SPSS and others).
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 pages, maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 2, 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, US$, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com