National Committee of the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) announces the competition of Methodological adviser for Ukrainian Red Cross Society’s Center for Disaster Risk Reduction (URCS DRR Center). Methodological adviser is responsible for development of methodological guidelines for organizing events for the target group of beneficiaries (local government, CP, SESU, local activists, employees and volunteers
Education and professional qualifications:
- Higher education, preferable additional studies relating to emergency response, civil protection etc.
- Experience in adaptation of foreign approaches to Ukrainian context, preferably to have printed or online samples
- At least 3 years of professional experience in writing methodological guidelines or their adaptations, preferably in Non-Profit Organization
- Work experience in international organization or context is an asset
- Mother tongue in Ukrainian and Russian, excellent writing skills in Ukrainian, fluent English
- Interpretation experience would be an asset
- Share RCRC Movement’s fundamental principles
- Willingness to be an active team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to challenging environment
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development of methodological guidelines on Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRM) training
- Development of methodological guidelines on Community Emergency Planning (CEP) training
- Development of methodological guidelines on Hromada Emergency Planning (HEP) training
- Development of methodological guidelines on Family Emergency Planning (FEP) session
- Development of methodological guidelines on CBDRM awareness session
- Development of methodological guidelines on CBDRM training for trainers (ToT)
- Field visits with project team within Ukraine
- Provide technical assistance and support to set up and implement a planning process of tasks
- Maintain good communications and liaise with management staff
Terms: 6 months with possible extension.
Please submit your CV in English, with the desired salary level, along with your motivation letter in English and samples of previous methodological work done – online or printed.
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and interviews.