About Alinea International:
Alinea (ex Agriteam Canada) is a global international development consultancy, providing technical and management expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have managed more than 500 projects worldwide.
Alinea has two offices in Canada and offices around the world, including Ukraine. Over the 14-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the SURGe Project:
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver reforms that respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project deploys experts to partner Ministries to support the design and implementation of reforms. Under the guidance of the Minister/Deputy Minister, experts help develop reform plans and support implementation through development of frameworks, legislation, tools, methodologies and other instruments. Expert teams in Ministries are led by Team Leads and managed by SURGe Sector Leads who ensure project management and delivery of results in accordance with SURGe principles and workplans.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
Position Type: Project Management
Reporting to: One of the SURGe Project Deputy Directors and to SURGe Project Director
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Level of Effort: Full time
Position Summary: Sector Lead will lead teams of consultants to support Ukrainian Ministries and other government agencies in implementing reforms of various type and scope.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager with understanding of Government of Ukraine processes and experience in managing large teams of consultants. You will manage the one or several existing SURGe reform initiatives (hereinafter projects) and will launch new projects as needed. You will:
- Assess the needs of the Ministry or another government agency (new projects only);
- Understand reform environment in the sector – key stakeholders, key issues, required scope of work and objectives, suitability for SURGe mandate;
- Formalize project vision and plans – goals, key deliverables, budget, timeline, expertise of consultants needed - in respective project documentation (new projects only);
- Hire the team lead and the team of consultants – usually 5 to 20 people (new projects only);
- Provide continuous management, guide the team in development of vision for deliverables and assure the quality of the deliverables developed by the team: analytical materials, ministerial instructions, procedures, draft laws and by-laws, training programs, presentations, software requirements;
- Manage the project to ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of work;
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise;
- Update plans and budgets and provide written progress reports;
- Present the results to various audiences as needed;
- Maintain close working relations with Ministry, usually at Deputy Minister level;
- Coordinate actions with other governmental stakeholders and other partners in policy sector;
- Switch between the policy sectors as needed (you may be assigned projects in unrelated sectors).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in consulting/advisory, of which at least 1 year as a team lead;
- Understanding of the principles of how Government operates and how it cooperates with the Parliament and the Office of President is a must;
- Experience in the advisory to the Government of Ukraine is highly desirable;
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation: proven understanding of project management processes (internationally recognized certification in project management is an asset), experience in project management, strong coordination and facilitation skills;
- Familiarity with national legislation and government reform agenda;
- Results driven highly-motivated expert with sound judgement and maturity;
- Superior fluency in English is a must;
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian language;
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Closing date for applications: July 25, 2021
Please, send your applications to: email@example.com