Learn to Discern in Education (L2D-Ed) project, with the support of the British Embassy in Kyiv, to oversee cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy and IREX to support efforts to raise awareness of the importance of critical thinking and media literacy and provide various opportunities for Ukrainians countrywide to develop and practice critical information engagement skills.
PR Consultant will provide services to The Ministry of Culture and Information Policy – the primary recipient of the provided services; whereas IREX acts as the agency that orders and co-controls delivery of services and payments. S/he will collaborate closely with other members of the Ministry’s project team and provide expert assistance on building and maintaining relationships with media; consult on creating promotional content, organising public events, press conferences and interviews; manage media requests in a timely and professional manner; and ensure all communication is cohesive with the media literacy brand image.
Learn to Discern aims to spread media literacy, conscious engagement with information, and development of critical thinking through Ukrainian society conducting educational activities on media literacy among educators, journalists, thought leaders, and youth.
The PR Consultant’s tasks and expected deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Consult in developing and launching complex PR/Media campaigns to support objectives and targets of media literacy program.
- Coordinate in designing information products for project stakeholders and media, create copywriting materials to cover project activities.
- Contribute into building awareness and lasting engagement of the project across on a national and regional level.
- Assist with coordination and coverage of events and activities aimed to promote media literacy project, ensuring outreach is done in accordance with the communication strategy.
- Contribute to evaluation and analysis of media coverage.
- Provide additional consultations which are related to the PR and communications as requested.
The PR Consultant’s experience and qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of public relations or strategic communications.
- Previous experience in journalism will be an asset.
- Understanding of the media environment of Ukraine.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preparation of Proposals
In preparing the Proposal, the Applicant is expected to examine the RFP in detail (it may be downloaded here).
Please submit all the proposal components above by email to email@example.com no later than 25 July 2021 at 6:00 PM.
Applicants may submit questions concerning this RFP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline by 6:00 PM on July 21, 2021.